TERMS & CONDITIONS
This is a copy of the service agreement between AidCall247(referenced as the company/AidCall 247) and yourself for the provision of the AidCall 247 service. This is for you to keep for your own records. The signed copy is retained by us. This agreement will commence from the date of signing by the customer and will continue until confirmed by written notification of termination of the agreement and return of the companies’ equipment (Carephone & accessories) if applicable. Once you have signed the agreement you will have 14 days for the right to cancel it this must be confirmed by you the customer in writing to tell us that you have decided to cancel the service & agreement.
You, the Customer hereby agree to:
- It is the Customer(s) responsibility to supply the contact names and correct information for use by AidCall 247, and to inform such contacts / responders accordingly. It is the Customer(s) responsibility to inform AidCall 247 of any changes to the contact names or details. Please ensure that the key holders listed have been contacted by you, or your representative, they are willing to participate and have a key to your property to gain access.
- Inform the company of any relevant changes to your personal circumstances or to key holder details. The Customer(s) must inform the Company in writing, should the Customer(s) move premises. The Customer(s) will then also be held responsible for the call out fee to test and re-connect the AidCall 247 Carephone unit if required.
- Inform the company of periods when you are going to be away from home e.g. on holiday or a stay in hospital.
- Test the equipment once a month to ensure that it is working properly.
- You agree to an initial 12 month contract then to give 28 days’ notice of requirement to terminate the service. Termination will be effective 28 days from notification.
- Your information being shared in line with the 1998 Data Protection Act – Use of Information.
- Agree to calls that you make to the Control Centre being recorded for monitoring purposes and retained for a minimum of 12 months. If you have chosen to hire the equipment necessary for the company to provide the service, you understand that the equipment remains the property of the company at all times. You agree to:
- Take reasonable care of the companies’ equipment and be responsible for any breakage, loss or accidental damage.
- Take responsibility for insuring the companies’ equipment under your household insurance policy.
- Not sell, dispose of or part with the possession of the companies’ equipment; understanding that the equipment may be recovered after the service has been terminated. In the event that the equipment is unable to be recovered by the company, you understand that you could be charged a sum equivalent to its current value.
- Allow access for maintenance, repair or recovery of the companies equipment, should this be necessary.
- If you have chosen to self-install the companies equipment the company take no responsibility for any failures in the hardware or service due to an incorrect installation.
- Will undertake to answer calls from the companies’ equipment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Will, on receiving a call for assistance, take immediate action to contact a key holder, or the emergency services as appropriate.
- Will maintain the equipment should it malfunction as soon as is practicable.
- The company cannot accept responsibility for maintaining equipment not supplied by, or purchased from the company.
- Cannot be held responsible for failure of the service due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to: calls not received by the Control Centre due to problems with telephone lines, delay or failure by the emergency services to respond, adverse weather conditions.
- The AidCall 247 Services are to be used as an aide to personal safety, however the Company accept no responsibility for the health and safety of any user of the AidCall 247 Services.
- The Customer(s) agree that The Company are not responsible in any way for any problems with the AidCall 247 Services that are caused by a matter beyond our control, including but not limited to internet failures, equipment failures, power failures, severe weather, industrial disputes and sabotage.
- If the Customer(s) activates the system, AidCall 247 will speak to the Customer(s) via the Carephone and take instruction accordingly. If the Customer(s) is unable to speak and does not answer the AidCall 247 operative, then AidCall 247 will contact the responder(s) and advise that the system for the Customer(s) has been activated with no answer from the Customer(s).
- AidCall 247 shall not accept responsibility for any failures occasioned by any actions of the responder or due to the unavailability of the responder.
- Will not accept responsibility if delays occur in answering the service member due to problems with the service member’s telephone line being occupied by an answering machine or service, fax machine, internet connection or other telephone equipment or from adverse weather conditions.
- Reserves the right to (i) end the service at the discretion of the company, for example, in cases of misuse or non-payment when the service member is responsible for payment (although reasonable consideration will be given if the service member has financial problems) and (ii) review the price of the service fee and to notify the service member/service member’s representative of any change in the service fee charge with two months written notice.
- Reserves the right to subcontract any work relating to the contract without obtaining the consent of, or giving notice to, the customer.
- In the event that the service is terminated, the equipment may be recovered from the customer. In the event that the equipment cannot be recovered, the company reserves the right to charge a sum.
- The Customer(s) acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime occur. The Company do not guarantee the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that content loss will not occur.
- The Company responsibilities and obligations to the Customer(s) cease immediately when this agreement is terminated or the service is suspended.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any safety against or prevention of loss. The Company cannot be kept liable, for injury, damage or whatsoever nature. Accordingly the Company shall exercise reasonable care.
- If the company has to go out to the customer(s) and the fault is due to the misuse or disconnecting etc. Then the customer(s) will be held liable for the call out fee.
- Should a device be send to head office for a repair or return. It is the customer(s) responsibility to return the product to the supplied address etc. Or the customer(s) will be held responsible for the charges involved should the company have to collect.
- In the event that parts of, or accessories needs replacing that the customer(s) will be held responsible for the charges.