WHAT IS TELECARE & HOW COULD IT HELP YOU?
Telecare allows loved ones to care for the user from a distance
What is Telecare?
Telecare, or assistive technology, as it can also be described, refers to a technology that helps people stay safe and independent in their own homes for longer.
Telecare allows loved ones to care for the user from a distance, which provides peace of mind. It includes personal alarms – usually in the form of a pendant or wristband – that enable people to call for help if they need it.
Telecare also includes motion sensors which can alert a support line in case of a fall or emergency.
Types of Telecare
Telecare comes in two main forms:
- A personal telecare alarm pendant– which can be worn around the neck as a necklace or attached to the wrist like a watch
- Motion (PIR) Sensors – These are placed in key position’s around the home to monitor activity
These are both synced to a central system which is connected to a monitoring call centre that is ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How easy is Telecare to install?
AidCall247 provides 2 Telecare options to choose from.
A set of step-by-step instructions is supplied, but you can always ask us to arrange installation for you:
The care phone comes with full self-installation instructions and simply connects to a power source and to your home internet router.
Once you have plugged it in, simply press the pendant to carry out your first test call, then you’re all set & sorted.
If you don’t have internet you can use the SIM compatible model which uses data roaming technology over a mobile network quickly and efficiently.
This package just needs to be powered, and it is immediately ready for use.
Here’s How AidCall247 Telecare Pendant Alarm Works
The AidCall247 alarm clips into a wrist strap or pendant which works in 4 simple steps:
- CALL FOR HELP. Firstly, press the simple button on your pendant alarm or press the button on the base unit to call for help. If you fall over, and you are wearing a fall alarm, the device will automatically raise the alert for you.
- WE ANSWER. A few moments later, our care team will begin speaking to you through the loudspeaker on the base unit or microphone and loudspeaker on your pendant.
- HELP IS ON HAND. We will then assess your situation to determine what kind of help you need. We can either notify one of your approved contacts, or we can contact the emergency services
- BY YOUR SIDE. Whenever possible, our trained team will continue speaking to you until help arrives, keeping you calm and reducing the risk of further injury.
How Telecare Services Could Help You
There are many ways AidCall247’s telecare services could help you. The service can be used in any situation where you need help, and you can use it as much as you need to:
1. If you experience a fall
Many of our customers use their AidCall247 personal alarm if they fall in their home or garden and are unable to get up independently.
Having the pendant alarm close to hand allows the user to call for help straight away.
2. Peace of mind
With a caring team of experts always close to hand you have the freedom and independence to enjoy your home and garden.
Not only can Telecare be reassuring for the user, it also gives peace of mind for your loved ones.
3. In case of an emergency
Unfortunately, one of our customers fractured their hip and needed help urgently. They pressed their pendant alarm button, spoke to us, and we sent an ambulance out straight away.
By wearing the alarm as a wristband, a pendant around your neck, or clipped on a belt, all you have to do is press the button and the alarm system will instantly connect you to our 24-hour response team. Our team will know exactly who you are, where you live, and how to contact your family or friends.
Paying for TeleCare
If you are paying for the service yourself, you’ll usually encounter an initial set-up cost followed by a monthly subscription fee to use the service. Costs vary dependent on the Telecare plan you choose and optional extras selected.
What’s included in AidCall247's Telecare Package?
With your AidCall247 Telecare package you will receive:
- Alarm system, with adjustable volume control and automatic battery back-up
- Splash-proof press-button personal alarm with pendant, clip, and wristband accessories
- User guide and pre-programming of unit
- Vibby wrist worn fall detector
- Wireless motion sensor
- Audio extender (for larger properties)
- Spare pendent
- Installation service
- Key safe
Taking The Next Steps
We hope this brochure answers all your questions, but if you have any other queries, we’re happy to help. If you would like to know more about AidCall247’s services either Call our friendly team today on 0800 064 0650