HOW DO PERSONAL ALARMS FOR THE ELDERLY WORK?
A personal alarm for the elderly enables you to remain independent in the home you love for longer by providing immediate assistance in case of emergency. Let’s take a closer look at how personal alarms for the elderly work and how one could benefit you.
What is a Personal Alarm for the elderly?
A personal alarm is a small device that can be worn as a wristband, necklace or attached to your clothes.
Using a wireless signal, they can be used to call for help if you, or someone you know, falls or is in need of assistance at home.
Types of Personal Alarm for the elderly
There are a range of personal alarms available for the elderly including:
- Basic Alarms– These make a loud noise in an emergency for those nearby to hear. Basic alarms are good for elderly people who live with other family members
- Pendant Alarms– These are connected to a 24/7 emergency response centre, enabling those who trip or fall to be put in touch with their emergency contact when the alarm goes off. Pendant Alarms are ideal for people who live alone
- Fall Detectors– These alarms are similar to pendant alarms but uses an in-built motion sensor to detect any unexpected fall or downward motion and raises an alert to a call centre or a loved one
How does an AidCall247 Personal Alarm for the elderly work?
AidCall247 is designed to provide an affordable solution for independent living.
Enabling you to remain in the comfort and safety your own home, safe in the knowledge that help is at hand through the simple push of a button 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The AidCall247 alarm clips into a wrist strap or pendant. Personal alarms for the elderly works in 4 simple steps:
CALL FOR HELP
Simply press the button on your pendant alarm or press the button on the base unit to call for help. If you fall over and you are wearing a fall alarm, the device will automatically raise the alert for you.
We answer a few moments later, our care team will begin speaking to you through the loudspeaker on the base unit or microphone and loudspeaker on your pendant.
HELP IS ON HAND
We will then assess your situation to determine what kind of help you need.
We can either notify one of your approved contacts, or we can contact the emergency services.
If for any reason we cannot make contact with you to check that you are okay, we will call the emergency services right away.
BY YOUR SIDE
Whenever possible, our team will continue speaking to you until help arrives, keeping you calm and reducing the risk of further injury.
Once we know you are in safe hands and are being taken care of, we end the call.
The AidCall247 pedant is usable in the garden, in bed and even in the bath or shower – it’s completely waterproof.
This is an ideal safety feature, as many falls happen when using the bathroom.
What makes AidCall247 Different?
Our state-of-the-art digital technology tells us who the user is and we can communicate with them through the care phone from anywhere in their home via a class 1, very powerful microphone and speaker.
- The UK’s first all-digital telecare network – fast, immediate response
- Future proofed against the soon-to-be redundant analogue network where all current telecare networks are based
- Uses a cloud based fully digital interface which offers many additional state-of-the-art features like;
- Pendant Lost notification (should the pendant not be in range of the Care Phone within 72 hours, it will alert us)
- Pendant Battery Low notification (We will be alerted that your pendant battery needs replacing, before it dies)
- Unit Battery Low notification (Should your Care phone be unplugged from power or need replacing, we will be notified)
- Depending on the service you require we can tell if you have fallen and can check up on you and make sure you are ok
- Aidcall247 also offers passive monitoring which tells us if you aren’t moving around your home as normal
- Set reminders for you to take medications, pre-set an interactive button to tell us you’re ok, daily, weekly or anytime
Following a fall, Isabella’s daughter decided to look into getting her some extra help around home. This is when she discovered AidCall247.
“After her first episode I called AidCall247 and they immediately came out and it sold itself. We’ve used the service about 3 times. I think with AidCall247 it’s the complete peace of mind that there is someone there at the end of that telephone line. Mom is a very independent person and I wouldn’t’ like to take that from her.”
How much does a Personal alarm for the elderly cost?
We realise that, even though you can’t put a price on your loved one’s well-being, cost is always a necessary consideration.
The price of a personal alarm for the elderly varies dependent on a number of variables including:
- Whether you would prefer to pay monthly or annually
- The care package you opt for
- If you would like set up to be included
From just £14.99 per month you or a loved one can continue to enjoy independent living with complete peace of mind. Find out more about pricing by clicking here.
Will I need to pay VAT on a personal alarm for the elderly?
If the person requiring a personal alarm meets any of the following criteria, they will be eligible for VAT relief:
- A physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to carry out everyday activities
- you have a condition such as diabetes or arthritis
- You’re terminally ill
Here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you would like to discover more about how personal alarms for the elderly work, get in touch with our specialists today on 0800 064 0650.